- 1 What Instacart Stores Take EBT? Here’s Complete List
- 2 Does Instacart Take EBT Cards and SNAP?
- 3 Which Grocery Stores on Instacart Accept EBT?
- 4 How to Use EBT at Instacart?
- 5 Items You Can Buy With EBT
- 6 In What States Does Instacart Take EBT?
- 7 Can I use EBT SNAP for grocery delivery or pickup orders on Instacart?
- 8 Conclusion
What Instacart Stores Take EBT? Here’s Complete List
While other retailers such as Wal-Mart and Amazon are allowing online EBT purchases, currently Aldi is the only store available for EBT purchases through Instacart. To pay for your groceries using your benefits, you’ll have to add your EBT card to your Instacart account.
Instacart is one of the American major grocery chains with top-rated healthy food options and multiple brands to choose from. Yet, with great quality comes great cost.
These food options may be a little costly for most people. In such cases, the query that often arises is if Instacart accepts EBT.
The answer to this common question is simple. Yes, Instacart outlets do accept EBT. Besides, most outlets also accept WIC.
The items eligible for purchase under the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program are the same for all stores nonetheless of where you purchase them from.
While checking out, Instacart automatically separates non-eligible food items, which you then have to pay for through alternative payment methods.
This article will wrap up everything you need to know about using your EBT card at Instacart, from Instacart checkout process to ordering groceries online.
Does Instacart Take EBT Cards and SNAP?
Yes, All Instacart is bound to accept both and they make it pretty easy to do so for qualifying purchases when you buy your items at a register inside the store.
Which Grocery Stores on Instacart Accept EBT?
The master list of grocers who do accept EBT SNAP are as follows:
- Ahold Delhaize USA (Food Lion, Hannaford, Giant, GIANT Food Stores, Giant Heirloom Market, Martin’s, Stop & Shop)
- Brookshire’s Food & Pharmacy, Spring Market, Super 1 Foods, Fresh by Brookshire’s
- Earth Fare
- Fairplay Foods
- Food Bazaar
- Harps Food Store
- Homeland, United Supermarkets, CashSaver, Food-World
- Little Giant Farmers Market
- Niemann Foods (County Market)
- PAQ, Inc. (Food 4 Less, Rancho San Miguel Markets)
- Piggly Wiggly
- Price Chopper Supermarkets (Price Chopper, Market 32, Market Bistro)
- Price Rite
- Save Mart, FoodMaxx, and Lucky Supermarkets
- Schnucks and EatWell
- Strack & Van Til, Van Til’s Supermarket, Town and Country
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Warehouse Market
- Woodman’s Market
How to Use EBT at Instacart?
To use an EBT on Instacart, first of all, you need to add it to your account.
Follow the steps given below on adding an EBT to your Instacart account:
- Download the Instacart app on your iOS or Android device
- Open the Instacart app and signup for an account
- Enter your e-mail, password, and zip code to confirm service availability in your area
- Tap the three “horizontal lines” at the top left corner of your profile page
- Tap “Your account settings”
- Tap “Payment methods”
- Tap “ Add EBT SNAP card”
- Enter your EBT SNAP card information
After that, go back to your profile page and select the store you want to shop in the “Your Stores” section. It will be directed to the store’s homepage to start shopping.
Now, select the option you prefer and start adding items to your shopping cart.
When you’re done shopping, the next step in checkout.
At checkout, choose how much of your benefits you want to allocate to your order.
Follow the instructions below on how to do it:
- Go to your profile page and tap the three “horizontal lines” at the top left
- Tap “Your account settings”
- Tap “Payment methods”
- Tap “ Add Credit or debit card”
- Enter your credit/debit card information
Add a secondary payment method like a credit or debit card to complete your Instacart purchase.
Items You Can Buy With EBT
The eligible food items you can buy using an EBT card include:
- Vegetables and fruits
- Poultry, meat, and fish
- Snack foods
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Seeds and plants that produce food to eat
The non-eligible items you cannot buy with an EBT card include:
- Any alcoholic beverages (beer, wine, liquor, etc.)
- Tobacco and cigarettes
- Vitamins, supplements, and medicines (if an item has supplement facts label on the packaging, it’s considered a supplement and not eligible to buy with an EBT card)
- Live animals (except shellfish, fish that removed from the water, and animals slaughtered before buying at the store)
- Prepared foods that are ready for consumption
- Hot foods
- Any non-food items (pet foods, cosmetics, hygiene products, cleaning supplies, paper products, and other household items)
In What States Does Instacart Take EBT?
Instacart supports EBT SNAP payments in 37 states, including (in alphabetical order):
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
So, if you live in any of these states listed below:
- New Mexico
It means you can’t use your EBT SNAP benefits at all on Instacart.
Can I use EBT SNAP for grocery delivery or pickup orders on Instacart?
Yes, EBT SNAP-eligible Instacart customers in the U.S. can pay for online grocery orders containing eligible items with a valid EBT card, in full or in part, from participating stores in select states.
You can shop at any participating stores as long as the state that issued your EBT card is participating in the SNAP Online Purchasing Pilot.
Instacart is an excellent option for purchasing groceries with EBT. Not only do they offer groceries options, but they also help society by dealing with local farms for sourcing their food.
If you have questions or suggestions regarding this post, please tell us through below comment box.
For further questions and queries, write to us below. Visit Checkthis.today for more details.