- 1 Does Amazon Take EBT? ❤️ Yes, Here’s How It Works
- 2 How to Use SNAP/EBT on Amazon? Steps
- 3 What can you buy with EBT on Amazon?
- 4 Items You Cannot Buy With SNAP/EBT on Amazon
- 5 Do I need a Prime membership to use my SNAP EBT card on Amazon?
- 6 Who is eligible to use P-EBT on Amazon?
- 7 Can I pay with SNAP EBT using my Amazon Business account?
- 8 Final Words
Does Amazon Take EBT? ❤️ Yes, Here’s How It Works
As of 2022, Amazon is part of a pilot run by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) to accept SNAP EBT online.
According to Amazon.com, consumers with a valid SNAP EBT card in all states excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Louisiana and Montana can use their SNAP funds on Amazon.
If you have just started using SNAP or EBT on Amazon, knowing the verification process and shoppable items can feel overwhelming.
In this article, we will walk you through all you need to know about Does Amazon Take EBT? the types of orders that will qualify, and the things you will be capable to buy with your card
We will also tell you how to verify your account and get started with your shopping!
How to Use SNAP/EBT on Amazon? Steps
If you’re qualified to use SNAP or EBT on Amazon, then they’re a few steps to follow to get to your shopping. But, the very first thing is, you need to add your SNAP EBT card to your Amazon account.
Here’s what you’ll need to do add your SNAP/EBT card to your Amazon account –
- Log into your Amazon account.
- Locate and click on the “Account” button, at the top right corner.
- Once click on this, you’ll again see the word “Account” under “My Account”
- Select that and you’ll be taken to a screen with several options.
- Select “Your Payments” and now, you will be able to add a new card to your account
Follow the simple above steps given above, enter your EBT card details into the payment section, and then save the payment information. This will save that card to your account so that you can use it at any point.
Next, start shopping on Amazon.com for your grocery needs. Add all the things you’re looking for to your cart and continue to checkout.
Once you get to your checkout, enter the EBT card PIN to pay for the items, eligible to be covered.
Once you enter the PIN in, you can see how much of your total is left over to be covered by a different payment method, if applicable.
What can you buy with EBT on Amazon?
- Fruits, vegetables, meat, poultry, fish, and dairy products
- Bread, cereals, canned vegetables, and pantry staples
- Other foods such as snacks, seeds, and non-alcoholic beverages
- Look for items labelled SNAP EBT Eligible
Items You Cannot Buy With SNAP/EBT on Amazon
Things you cannot buy on Amazon with SNAP/EBT include:
- Non-grocery items (i.e. home decor, clothing, technology, etc.)
- Personal hygiene products
- Household essentials such as paper towels, napkins, and toilet paper
- Alcoholic beverages
- Pet food
As a general rule, if you can’t buy a product at a grocery store using EBT, you cannot buy it on Amazon either.
USDA guidelines regarding SNAP/EBT eligibility of items apply to all retailers.
Do I need a Prime membership to use my SNAP EBT card on Amazon?
No. Shopping with a valid SNAP EBT card issued by an eligible state allows you to access Amazon Fresh without Amazon Prime. Currently, Amazon accepts SNAP EBT in all states except Alaska and Hawaii.
Order minimums still apply to Amazon Fresh and Amazon.com groceries to receive free shipping.
Who is eligible to use P-EBT on Amazon?
Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) is part of the U.S. government’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Currently, customers with a valid P-EBT card in all states except Alaska and Hawaii can use their P-EBT funds to purchase eligible foods on Amazon and receive the same benefits as customers with a SNAP EBT card.
Can I pay with SNAP EBT using my Amazon Business account?
Amazon Business accounts are not eligible for SNAP EBT payment. You will need to sign in to your personal account to use your SNAP EBT benefits online.
If you’re qualified to use SNAP or EBT, you can earn several benefits through Amazon while ordering with your EBT. Before using your EBT card on Amazon.com, please make sure to register your EBT and verify your identity with Amazon to find all the eligible products, available for you to shop with EBT.
If you have questions or suggestions regarding this post, please tell us through below comment box.
For further questions and queries, write to us below. Visit checkthis.today for more details.