Even though Wal-Mart and Amazon let you buy things with EBT online, Aldi is the only store where you can buy things with EBT through Instacart right now. You’ll need to link your EBT card to your Instacart account if you want to use your benefits to pay for groceries.
What Instacart Stores Take EBT? Here’s Complete List
Instacart is one of the largest grocery stores in the United States. It has a wide range of healthy food options from top-rated brands. But great quality comes at a high price.
Most people may find these food options to be a bit pricey. When this happens, people often want to know if Instacart takes EBT.
The answer to this question that people often ask is easy. Yes, Instacart outlets do accept EBT. Also, most places accept WIC as well.
No matter which store you go to, the things you can buy with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits are the same.
When you check out, Instacart automatically separates food items that don’t qualify, which you then have to pay for in other ways.
This article will tell you everything you need to know about using your EBT card at Instacart, from how to order groceries online to how to check out at Instacart.
Does Instacart Take EBT Cards and SNAP?
Yes, Instacart will take both, and they make it easy to do so when you buy items at a register inside a store that meets their requirements.
Which Grocery Stores on Instacart Accept EBT?
The master list of grocers who do accept EBT SNAP is as follows:
- Ahold Delhaize USA (Food Lion, Hannaford, Giant, GIANT Food Stores, Giant Heirloom Market, Martin’s, Stop & Shop)
- Brookshire’s Food & Pharmacy, Spring Market, Super 1 Foods, Fresh by Brookshire’s
- Earth Fare
- Fairplay Foods
- Food Bazaar
- Harps Food Store
- Homeland, United Supermarkets, CashSaver, Food-World
- Little Giant Farmers Market
- Niemann Foods (County Market)
- PAQ, Inc. (Food 4 Less, Rancho San Miguel Markets)
- Piggly Wiggly
- Price Chopper Supermarkets (Price Chopper, Market 32, Market Bistro)
- Price Rite
- Save Mart, FoodMaxx, and Lucky Supermarkets
- Schnucks and EatWell
- Strack & Van Til, Van Til’s Supermarket, Town and Country
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Warehouse Market
- Woodman’s Market
How to Use EBT at Instacart?
To use an EBT on Instacart, first of all, you need to add it to your account.
Follow the steps given below on adding an EBT to your Instacart account:
- Download the Instacart app on your iOS or Android device
- Open the Instacart app and signup for an account
- Enter your e-mail, password, and zip code to confirm service availability in your area
- Tap the three “horizontal lines” at the top left corner of your profile page
- Tap “Your account settings”
- Tap “Payment methods”
- Tap “ Add EBT SNAP card”
- Enter your EBT SNAP card information
After that, go back to your profile page and click on “Your Stores” to choose the store you want to shop at. It will go to the store’s home page so that shopping can begin.
Now, choose the one you like best and start putting things in your shopping cart.
The next step is to check out when you’re done shopping.
Choose how much of your benefits you want to put toward your order when you check out.
Follow the instructions below on how to do it:
- Go to your profile page and tap the three “horizontal lines” at the top left
- Tap “Your account settings”
- Tap “Payment methods”
- Tap “ Add Credit or debit card”
- Enter your credit/debit card information
Add a secondary payment method like a credit or debit card to complete your Instacart purchase.
Items You Can Buy With EBT
The eligible food items you can buy using an EBT card include:
- Vegetables and fruits
- Poultry, meat, and fish
- Snack foods
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Seeds and plants that produce food to eat
The non-eligible items you cannot buy with an EBT card include:
- Any alcoholic beverages (beer, wine, liquor, etc.)
- Tobacco and cigarettes
- Vitamins, supplements, and medicines (if an item has supplement facts label on the packaging, it’s considered a supplement and not eligible to buy with an EBT card)
- Live animals (except shellfish, fish that removed from the water, and animals slaughtered before buying at the store)
- Prepared foods that are ready for consumption
- Hot foods
- Any non-food items (pet foods, cosmetics, hygiene products, cleaning supplies, paper products, and other household items)
In What States Does Instacart Take EBT?
Instacart supports EBT SNAP payments in 37 states, including (in alphabetical order):
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
So, if you live in any of the states listed below:
- New Mexico
It means you can’t use your EBT SNAP benefits at all on Instacart.
Can I use EBT SNAP for grocery delivery or pickup orders on Instacart?
Yes, EBT SNAP-eligible Instacart customers in the U.S. can use a valid EBT card to pay in full or in part for online grocery orders with eligible items from participating stores in certain states.
You can shop at any participating store as long as the state that issued your EBT card is participating in the SNAP Online Purchasing Pilot.
Using EBT to buy groceries through Instacart is a great idea. Not only do they sell groceries, but they also help the community by getting their food from local farms.
If you have any questions or ideas about this post, please let us know in the comment box below.
For further questions and queries, write to us below. Visit Checkthis.today for more details.
1. Can you tip Instacart with EBT?
EBT can be used to pay for most of your Instacart orders, except service fees and tips.
2. Does Instacart accept EBT in California?
Currently, Aldi through Instacart, Amazon, and Walmart are the only retailers that accept EBT cards online in California.
3. Does Instacart accept EBT in New Jersey?
Unfortunately, you cannot pay Instacart delivery and service fees with an EBT card. According to SNAP guidelines, you can only buy eligible food items using your benefits. You need a secondary form of payment, such as a credit or debit card, to pay for Instacart delivery and service fees.
4. Does target take EBT?
Multiple Payment Methods Sales: Store team members can accept both a credit and debit card or EBT card per sale. Our checkout registers can process multiple credit cards in one transaction. Rebate Checks: Generally only pay for part of the cost of an item.