- 1 Does Costco Take EBT? Yes, Here’s How It Works
- 2 Does Costco Take EBT Cards and SNAP?
- 3 How to Use EBT at Costco?
- 4 Can I Use My EBT Benefits Online at Costco.com?
- 5 What CAN I Buy at Costco with EBT?
- 6 What CAN’T do I Buy at Costco with EBT?
- 7 Can I Use EBT Funds at the Food Court?
- 8 Final Words
Does Costco Take EBT? Yes, Here’s How It Works
Whether you are a new EBT user or a Costco member, you were likely wondering will Costco will take your EBT card. Also, does EBT at Costco work as it does at other groceries?
If you have just started using SNAP or EBT on Costco, knowing the verification process and shoppable items can feel overwhelming.
In this article, we will walk you through all you need to know about Does Costco Take EBT? the types of orders that will qualify, and the things you will be capable to buy with your card
We will also tell you how to verify your account and get started with your shopping!
Does Costco Take EBT Cards and SNAP?
Yes, All Costco warehouses are bound to accept both and they make it pretty easy to do so.
How to Use EBT at Costco?
Using an EBT card at Costco to pay for groceries is a relatively simple procedure. Nevertheless, if you’re buying both groceries and non-food items, be sure to pay for all of the groceries in your order first.
To do this, you have to pay for both orders individually. You can ask the cashier to split the payment process on your order.
If you’ve funds on your EBT card, your card will not deduct food costs from the SNAP account. Rather, the entire order total will be deducted from your Cash account.
With that, you can follow these steps to use your EBT card to pay at Costco.
Follow the given below steps to your EBT card to pay at Costco –
- Once your cashier rings up your groceries, insert your card at the POS and put your PIN.
- Tell your cashier which account (SNAP or Cash) to charge your order to
- If necessary, re-enter your PIN on the POS keypad to confirm the charge.
In some circumstances, the supervisor/manager may ask you to give your photo identification to confirm that the card is under your name.
After your checkout, the purchase total will be deducted from your SNAP account.
Always keep your receipt to ensure all information is correct as well as to avoid potential mischarges. Your receipt will also note your latest account balance.
Can I Use My EBT Benefits Online at Costco.com?
No, Unfortunately, Costco does not accept payment through EBT cards on their website.
What CAN I Buy at Costco with EBT?
According to the USDA, here’s the list of main things you CAN buy with your EBT card at Costco.
- Meat, Fish, Chicken
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Dairy Products
- Bread and Cereals
- Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- Snack Foods
- Seeds and Plants for your Garden
What CAN’T do I Buy at Costco with EBT?
And of course, there are some regulations that don’t allow you to buy the following items with your EBT card at Costco.
- Alcohol – Beer, wine, and hard liquor.
- Health Products – Vitamins, medicines, and supplements.
- Tobacco Products – Cigarettes and chewing tobacco.
- Hot Foods – This includes prepared foods from the Costco Food Court that are hot at the point of sale.
- Live animals – Except shellfish, fish removed from the water, and animals slaughtered prior to pick-up from the store
- Pet Foods – Includes fish food and hamster food.
- Hygiene Items – This includes diapers, feminine hygiene products, and cosmetics.
- Household Items – Includes cleaning supplies and paper products.
Can I Use EBT Funds at the Food Court?
No. As noted earlier, the food court at Costco serves mainly hot food and that is a no-no when using your EBT card.
Have you ever used your EBT card to make a purchase at Costco? Was it an easy process and was your privacy protected?
If you have questions or suggestions regarding this post, please tell us through below comment box.
For further questions and queries, write to us below. Visit Checkthis.today for more details.