All our warehouse locations accept EBT cards. Costco adheres to all state laws regarding what can be purchased with EBT cards. For a complete list of products that qualify for purchase with the EBT card, please contact your state agency.
Does Costco Take EBT? Yes, Here’s How It Works
Whether you are a new EBT user or a Costco member, you may have been wondering if Costco will take your EBT card. Also, does EBT work the same way at Costco as it does at other supermarkets?
If you just started using SNAP or EBT at Costco, it can be hard to figure out the verification process and what you can buy.
We’ll tell you everything you need to know about Does Costco Take EBT in this article. what kinds of orders will be eligible for and what you’ll be able to buy with your card. Costco stores, including Costco stores in California, accept EBT Cards as a form of payment. There are 132 Costco stores in California at the moment.
We’ll also tell you how to confirm your account and start shopping right away.
Does Costco Take EBT Cards and SNAP?
Yes, All Costco warehouses are bound to accept both and they make it pretty easy to do so.
How to Use EBT at Costco?
Buying groceries at Costco with an EBT card is a pretty easy thing to do. Still, if you’re buying groceries and other things, make sure you pay for all of the groceries first.
To do this, you have to pay separately for each order. You can ask the cashier to let you pay for your order in two parts.
If you have money on your EBT card, it won’t take money from your SNAP account to pay for food. Instead, the total amount of the order will be taken out of your Cash account.
After that, you can follow these steps to pay at Costco with your EBT card.
Follow the given below steps to your EBT card to pay at Costco –
- Once your cashier rings up your groceries, insert your card at the POS and put your PIN.
- Tell your cashier which account (SNAP or Cash) to charge your order to
- If necessary, re-enter your PIN on the POS keypad to confirm the charge.
In some situations, the supervisor or manager may ask to see a picture ID to make sure the card is in your name.
After you pay, the amount of your purchase will be taken out of your SNAP account.
Always keep your receipt to make sure that all the information is correct and to avoid being charged twice. Your account balance will also be written on your receipt.
Can I Use My EBT Benefits Online at Costco.com?
No, Unfortunately, Costco does not accept payment through EBT cards on their website.
What CAN I Buy at Costco with EBT?
According to the USDA, here’s the list of the main things you CAN buy with your EBT card at Costco.
- Meat, Fish, Chicken
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Dairy Products
- Bread and Cereals
- Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- Snack Foods
- Seeds and Plants for your Garden
What CAN’T do I Buy at Costco with EBT?
And of course, there are some regulations that don’t allow you to buy the following items with your EBT card at Costco.
- Alcohol – Beer, wine, and hard liquor.
- Health Products – Vitamins, medicines, and supplements.
- Tobacco Products – Cigarettes and chewing tobacco.
- Hot Foods – This includes prepared foods from the Costco Food Court that are hot at the point of sale.
- Live animals – Except shellfish, fish removed from the water, and animals slaughtered prior to pick-up from the store
- Pet Foods – Includes fish food and hamster food.
- Hygiene Items – This includes diapers, feminine hygiene products, and cosmetics.
- Household Items – Includes cleaning supplies and paper products.
Can I Use EBT Funds at the Food Court?
No. As noted earlier, the food court at Costco serves mainly hot food and that is a no-no when using your EBT card.
Have you ever bought something at Costco with your EBT card? Was it easy to do, and did they protect your privacy?
If you have any questions or ideas about this post, please let us know in the comment box below.
For further questions and queries, write to us below. Visit Checkthis.today for more details.